Tuesday 29 November 2011

Marshall Society: Winter Ball 2011

Ah, the end of Michaelmas term is nigh and the beginning of the end-of-term celebrations kicked off with the Marshall Society Winter Ball.

The Marshall Society is the economics society and obviously one would expect it to be both in budget and really spectacular just because economists can budget well and understand the value of things, right*...? :P

*Alas, we learn about the smoothing of consumption over the life-cycle. Basically, this means that we should borrow against future income when we're students to spend on things now because it makes us happier. Sounds like a great idea to me!

Unfortunately I missed the start of the Ball because I went to a Bankers' Skills session (not the most useful thing I've ever been to considering that it was uber basic and I knew most of it) but I'm sure I didn't miss out on the fun ^_~

Yummy!

Black + white = <3
I really liked the chiffon ribbon at the back of each chair to the extent that I may have turned into a ribbon thief that night

There was an open bar that I was fairly quick to take advantage of (but NOT abuse :P) and the magician was MAGIC! I was in awe of how he managed to do what he did! Other activities included the salsa (which was an absolutely fail for me) and Truly Medley Deeply - probably my favourite act ever. And to think, they were performing in the Trinity May Ball 2010 queue (as in, to entertain the guests as they queued up) but secured a spot on our main stage in 2011 (albeit at some random time in the early hours of the morning)...who knows how successful they'll become? :D

In terms of outfit selection, I went for a pleated, wide-leg, halterneck jumpsuit for a more casual take on the dress code (not sure if it was black tie!). It certainly kept my legs warm :D

Jumpsuit - Lipsy (from asos) | Belt - charity shop | Coral-shaped necklace - Kara Ross | Black pumps - KG by Kurt Geiger
Faaabulous, darh-ling! The jumpsuit was so practical - it even included an opaque body to prevent excess exposure xD

All in all, a faaabulous time was had - although I discovered a massive chocolate stain down one leg when I got home: this must've been from the chocolate fountain (which I abused) - d'oh!


MW x

PS - nothing particularly silly, just something fun:

No poles were hurt in the taking of this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment