Monday 9 May 2011

Bloginity

... Actually, my bloginity was lost way back, but I haven't blogged in years so I'm thinking this is a fresh start! :)

Reasons for a fresh start:
1. The Old Blog was in the heady days of pre-university
2. It is now Easter (*cough* Exam *cough*) term and I am spending >5 hours a day reading other people's blogs instead of revising. Hopefully, starting my own will be a remedy to my addiction.
3. The summer internship will begin on 27th June 2011. I want to capture its highlights (City-workers' outfits ^_~) and use them as inspiration for my own outfits! Until then, I might pose (very unprofessionally) for some photos and ask friends (maybe even strangers) for an outfit snapshot and put them up when I have time.

Tools I will need for a fresh start are:
- A DSLR to take sharp (and flattering) photos of others.
- A good boyfriend to take sharp (and especially, flattering) photos of me. [Infinitely patient friends will be a substitute for this but I'd feel a bit embarrassed if I harassed them with my camera]
- A wardrobe of smart/tailored/interesting clothes+shoes+accessories

I am currently awaiting a DSLR, should have the second tool under my belt* and the third one is dubious but I'll work on it.

from photorumours.com

Hope you enjoyed my bloginity post and I'll endeavour to keep posting :)

MW x

*must...refrain...from...making a whipping sound.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck!
    ... can you photo my in my suit with a cake? 'Fashion meets food'

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Qich - Phil's already OK-ed the camera rota :D

    @Xinmei - I'd prefer to photo you in a suit covered with flour/jam etc in order to be a trendsetter: the DIY transient polka-dot suit ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand the robot photo :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. @eeels: the camera in the background is hopefully the one i'll be getting :D I uber uber UBER wanted a coloured camera! ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete