Friday 20 May 2011

Luncheon with the Master

One of the perks of being a student caller for Trinity's first ever Telephone Campaign is that we get to have lunch with the Master (ok ok, other colleges do this too, but I want to believe that our Master is harder to secure for a lunch date :P).

The weather was pretty good and I played with Elmo (see here) in the Master's Garden (note: this is not the Fellow's Garden which can be booked by students/societies, only Fellows can book this one, hehe ^_^).

The top of St. John's College



Trying to capture the sun's rays

After lunch (it seemed like a lot of food at the time but I was hungry after I got home :S), we went outside and went snappy-happy for a photo that will appear in the next issue of one of Trinity's alumni magazines.

Harhar, guess who was lucky enough to sit next to the Master? ^_^
The Telephone Campaign crew, albeit not all of us :(
The Master and myself (I know I have huuge bags under my eyes. Blame exam term)
We were already dressed up so decided to get up close and personal with the Fountain ^_~
Photo courtesy of Charles J. Barlow

Ok, so I didn't actually get a proper outfit photo but I have cropped the above to give you an idea of what I wore.

Stripey blazer - Chinese market; black vest - Primark; black shorts - trouser cutoffs; transparent dress - vintage eBay; wedges - Korkease; oversize clutch - belated birthday present I received today from the bestest person ever! :D

So, all in all, a good day, and yes, I did manage to get away with wearing near-hotpants in the Master's presence *small victory dance*

^_^


MW x

5 comments:

  1. Hullo, it's Candy here!
    I can see that I might become addicted to your blog, Mary!!
    Keep posting lots!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. never turn down a free lunch :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Qichao - Did you use "free lunch" to deliberately spark "there's no such thing as a free lunch" from an economist? :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the outfits the three of you are wearing! And the master looks like one of the professors from Harry Potter movies! It's a compliment :-). Best wishes on your exams! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete